How to Add Non-Standard Font to Your Blog or Website
The standard font on a website usually Verdana, sans-serif, Arial, Helvetica, Georgia, Times, serif and Tahoma. But if you need your blog design look better you can use non standard font to your blog.
Can you add a non-standard fonts on our blog? Yes, you can add non-standard font like the “Kaffeesatz” font to your blog or your website. Only Kaffeesatz font can be added? No, you can add any non-standard font to your blog. There are two easy methods to add non-standard font to a website, using “Google web fonts” and using “font kit” from fontsquirrel.
A. Add Non Standard Font Using Google web fonts
- Open Google web fonts page here: http://www.google.com/webfonts
- Select the font you want then click “Use this font” tab in the next page.
- Follow the instruction/tutorial that found in the page to add the font to your website.
B. Add Non Standard Font Using Font Kits from FontSquirrel
- Open the fontsquirrel page here:http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fontface
- Click on “Get Kit” link to download the font kits.
- Extract the file after download finished. You’ll see “demo.html” and “stylesheet.css” in the extracted folder
- View source code the both file to explaion how to embed the font into your blog/website
From the both methods above I recommended using Google web font because easy to implement and safe. This article is to answer the question from Steve Johnson “How to add non-standard font to a blog”