Reset Methods for Canon Printers i6100, i255, i320, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i950, i9100, i9950
Reset methods for Canon Printers i6100, i255, i320, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i950, i9100 and i9950. The canon i series is old canon printer model but this is a tough printer type.
Canon i255, i320 Waste Ink Counter Reset
Step 1 : Manual for service mode
- Unplug power and USB cable on the printer
- Open the front printer cover and hold power button.
- Still holding power button, connect the cable power to electric source.
- Close printer cover the release power button. The printer will enter into service mode.
or Step 1: Manual for service mode (if the reset method above does not work)
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the printer cable (USB and power cable).
- Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
- The indicator LED should be green.
- Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator LED should be orange. (still holding power button)
- Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator LED should be green.
- Release both buttons.
Step 2 : Software for Permanent
- After the printer enter into service mode.
- Download and Run General Tools software resetter for Canon printers i320, i255.
- select USB PORT
- Choose SET DESTINATION 1 and it should be reset.
Remark “After service mode Pls use software for permanent reset”
Reset Procedures for Canon i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950 Printers
- Turn off Canon i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950 Printers
- Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
- Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
- Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
- Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
- When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
- Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
- Your Canon i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950 Printers should respond as normal.
Canon i850, i950, Waste Ink Reset
- Start with the printer OFF
- Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
- release RESUME
- press RESUME twice, then release POWER
- Let green light blink until printer is done futzing
Select function with RESUME press POWER to execute:
|Number of presses||Light color||Function|
|0 presses||green||Test print (or exit service mode on i960)|
|1 press||orange||EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i960)|
|2 presses||green||EEPROM initialize|
|3 presses||orange||Reset waste ink counter|
Reset Procedures Canon i6100
- Turn off the printer
- Press and hold RESUME button, then press and hold POWER button
- Release the RESUME button
- Next press and release the RESUME button two more times in succession, then release POWER button.
- Press RESUME button for 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function, The lamp will alternate color with each key press:
1 – Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2 – EEPROM - Info printout.
3 – EEPROM – Initialization.
4 – Reset the Waste ink counter.
5 – Printer model setting. (More selections beyond this point – However it is best leave them unaltered – You have been warned!)