Reset Waste Ink Counter Canon Pixma iX5000 and iX4000
Canon Pixma iX4000 and iX5000 is the Canon printer that for printing A3+ paper size. This Canon printer provides high speed and high quality printing result. This canon printer still privides hiqh-quality output even you are printing in A3+ paper size. he pros feature in the Canon Pixma iX4000 and iX 5000, the both canon printer can print borderless photo in A3+ paper from digital cameras directly.
If you want enjoy high-quality photo and document printing in large paper size I think the Canon Pixma iX4000 and iX5000 is best choice because the both canon printer is build with FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) technology.
How to Reset Canon Printer Pixma iX4000 or iX5000
To reset counter Canon PIXMA iX4000 or iX5000 you printer must enter into service mode. Procedure to enter to service mode on Canon PIXMA iX4000 or iX5000 is as following :
- Connect the Canon PIXMA iX5000 or iX4000 printer to the power cord. ( note : If the automatic power-on function is enabled in the printer, the printer enters the service mode for the first time, but it will never enter the service mode if the printer is turned off by the Power button. This is because the printer remains to be turned on internally if the power is turned off by the Power button. To prevent this, disconnection of the power cord is required before starting the printer in the service mode ) .
- With the Canon PIXMA iX5000 or iX4000 printer powered off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (note : Don’t release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
- While holding the Power button, release Resume/Cancel button. (Don’t release the Power button.)
- While holding the Power button, press Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
- When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times to reset waste ink counter in the Canon Pixma iX5000 / iX4000. (note : If the Power LED does not light in green the printer does not enter the service mode, disconnect the power cord and plug it again. Then start from step 1 to start the printer in the service mode again).
- At the end of the service mode, press the Power button. The paper lifting plate of the sheet feed unit will be raised.
Note: Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.
Other specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.
|Time(s)||LED indication||Function Remarks|
|0 times||Green (Power)||Power off|
|1 time||Orange (Alarm)||Service test print|
|2 times||Green (Power)||EEPROM information print|
|3 times||Orange (Alarm)||EEPROM initialization|
|4 times||Green (Power)||Waste ink counter resetting|
|5 times||Orange (Alarm)||Destination settings|
|6 times||Green (Power)||Print head deep cleaning (Cleaning of both black and color)|