Reset Methods for All Brother Printer Models
Actuallly this tutorial reset Methods for Brother Printer is not my original tutorial. I got this tutorial from printer Indoreset Yahoo Group forum. On the forum this tutorial can be applied on All Brother Printer Models. Like HP printers, the software resetter for all Brother printer mode not available in internet. The only method to reset problem in the brother printers you do manual reset.
The reset methode below can be applied for all models of Brother Printers. I not tried this method because I don’t have a Brother Printer to test this reset methods. For everyone who have a Brother Printer both Inkjet Printer and Laser Printer, I hope this post can help your Brother printer problem.
The Manual Reset Methods for Brother Printers
- Disconnect Brother Printer from power cord.
- Press Set button and while holding the Set button re-connect the printer to the power cord (electric source).
- It will display an error message “Machine Error 46″ on the LCD
- After the Error code appear, press the “arrow up button” ( ^ ) there will be numbers that are going to be display.
- Choose 8 then press Set Button
- Press Arrow Up button again then choose Zero (0) and press Set Button Again, now you will enter Service Mode.
- Press “Mono Key/Button” 25 times or until “Purge Counter Appear”
- Now press arrow up (^) again then choose “2” press Set Button
- Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose “7” press Set Button
- Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose “8” press Set Button
- Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose “3” press Set Button
- The purge counter will be reset to Zero.
- Now Press Stop/Exit Button
- The printer will return to “Machine Error 46″ again
- Press Arrow Up (^) then choose 9 press Set Button
- Press Arrow Up (^) again then once more choose 9 press Set Button
- The Printer will reset then wait until it power up again.
Source the tutorial Reset Methods for All Brother Printer Models article is from Indoreset Yahoo Group