Free Open Source Windows Operating System, ReactOS 0.3.7 Released
Perhaps many people do not know about React Operating System. ReactOS is not linux based OS but this operating system is based on windows NT kernel but it open source and free. So every program can be installed in windows XP also can be used in this operating system. This OS designed to support all drive, application and device that built for windows XP.
First tried this Operating, I use ReactOS version 0.3.3, but unfortunately this version of operating does not support and can not detect SATA Hard disk installed in my computer. I hope on the future release this problem will fixed. To try ReactOS you can download the program here: http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html
The Latest version when I upload this post is ReactOS 0.3.7. Most important changes in this version is:
- Improved support for x64 architecture platform
- The start of a real MSVC compiler support project
- Kernel improvements and bugfixes in quite a few parts: Configuration Manager, IO Manager, KE, Memory Manager, Object Manager, Process Manager
- Network stack improvements: leakage fixes, increased functionality
- Filesystem driver fixes, making them more compatible with the Microsoft NT cache manager
- Win32 subsystem improvements and synching of most of the Wine usermode DLLs
I home in the future this Operating system will become alternative OS to windows operating system.