Manual Resetting Method for Canon Pixma MP520
This reset procedure for Canon Pixma MP520 is taken from BilBg (Bulgaria) post in the fixyourownprinter forum, The reset procedure for reset counter in the Canon Pixma MP520 using button combinations. Some users in this forum which have tried this method (canon MP520 reset method) say this method work on Canon MP520.
Canon PIXMA MP520 Photo All-in-One inkjet printer with 2 inch TFT display that let user preview, scan, copy and print. This software compatible with Mac OS X, windows XP, 2K and Vista. This canon printer using system’s Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology for better copies. Price of Canon PIXMA MP520 printer in the market is $499.99.
Here Procedure Resetting Canon Pixma MP520 (Picture by BilBg):
To reset this canon printer model you follow the reset method in the picture.
- Switch the printer OFF
- Press buttons 1 + 2 + 3 and 4 (simultaneously using four fingers)
- Keep pressing this four buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the On/Off button (number 4) (Keeping pressing the others)
- After a few seconds (when the printer go ON) you can release buttons 1, 2, 3
A litte Notes by BilBg:
- Maybe step “c)” is not needed
- This procedure was used when I refilled the Black cartridge – try using the ColorCopy button instead of BlackCopy button (number 1) if you refill Color cartridge.
- Maybe there is no need for all the four buttons – you can try 1 + 4, 2 + 4 or 3 + 4. (or 1+2+4, 1+3+4, 2+3+4)