Blocking Application from Being Running in Windows XP
If you a computer administrator or computer technician and you do not want user run a few program in the computer such as game, browser, etc. you can block the application from running using registry. You can block the program just add a few entry to your registry setting. I think this tips is useful trick to System Administrator or the for the people who have a PC which do not want other user (friend or family) running a few program in their PC.
Usually the program can be blocked on the PC to prevent other user change setting in the computer such as regedit.exe, cmd.exe, etc. Other benefit, with this tricks you can block windows application from running without windows application blocker software. To do this tips is easy you can change some registry setting on your Windows XP. I have tested this tips in my computer and it work.
Here The Tips how to Block Specific Program from Running in Windows XP:
- Open your registry editor (Click Start-Run then type regedit), then find the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Policies / Explorer
- If you have found the key, add new DWORD Value and rename it to be DisallowRun.
- Double click the value and set data value to be 1.
- Create new key under Explorer key and rename it tobe DisallowRun, so the complete key will be like this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Policies / Explorer / DisallowRun
- On DisallowRun key, create new String Value, and rename it to be (example: application1). Double click the value and set the data value by application that you want to block. (Example winamp.exe, cmd.exe, or regedit.exe)
- Close your registry editor.
- Logout or restart PC to take the effect.
I think blocking a few application from Being Running in Windows XP can helpful to protect a few program in your PC.